Saturday, March 19, 2011

Let Go


Get mad, cry, yell or do something that you think might allow you to just let go of your emotions. Sometimes I think this stress-relieving tactic is the hardest is the hardest to accomplish.

I know I feel like things are easier for me when I don't get too wrapped up or too emotionally attached to things. I prefer not to dwell on difficult situations or misfortunes and address them in the quickest or simplest way possible. People take note of grand displays of emotion, and I’d rather not consume that much spotlight. However, I bet my tendencies foster stress to build up at times, even after I feel the issue has been addressed. The result of this stress build-up is usually a bad-mood-for-no-real-reason kind of attitude. Then, that provokes a good shower cry that lets you come out feeling a fresh and relaxed.

I highly suggest you let yourself have a good shower cry next time you feel stressed enough to do so. Just do it when your alone and nothing will distract your from really letting go. If you’re not in a crying mood, maybe try yelling as loud as you can. Also, I’ve read several times that swearing serves as a stress reliever. Don’t offend anyone, though. Just say out loud (or shout) what you’re feeling.

You know when you’re frustrated that you walk around all day feeling like you want to clench your fists and yell. So just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment