Friday, March 25, 2011

Journaling

Yesterday's post about avoiding distractions and clearing your mind enough to get a good night of sleep is motivation for this post. I inspired myself to finish up the rest of my day efficiently and to think about tomorrow when tomorrow arrived. It was great to fall asleep right away and not wonder if I should get up early in case I forgot to get something done. It was a much-needed mental and physical rest that I probably wouldn't have achieved without writing my previous post. For this reason, I encourage you to journal.

Writing down your thoughts may open you to a new kind of organization that completely internalizing might prevent. Being able to view your emotions on paper could give you a new perspective on what's stressing you out or how to deal with it. Or, like my post, use journaling to encourage yourself. I didn't realize I was doing it, but writing my post  yesterday provided the motivation I apparently needed to de-stress enough to sleep well.

I consider this to be a pretty personal experience, so try a few different methods of writing down your thoughts or feelings until you find one that suits you  and your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment