Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUDOKO

I'm a huge fan of sudoko as a life saving logic game as of about five hours ago.

I was perfectly fine with waking up for an early flight and excited to get back to school this afternoon. Within minutes of sitting down on the plan I fell comfortably asleep and expected to wake up if just a couple hours in Philadelphia, where I would board a 20 minute flight to Bethlehem, Pa. Didn't quite work out as planned.

I did indeed wake up in a couple hours, but I found the plane in the same spot I left it when I fell asleep. I didn't wake up to the first attempt at take-off, ice being sprayed off the plane or announcements about the delay. At least I got a good nap in. Unfortunately, this delay was just long enough to prevent me from getting the connecting flight to Bethlehem I initially booked. But I didn't mind at this point because I don't mind traveling and I was told I could just get on the next flight out. I did, however, mind when I got off the plane in Philly and realized the next flight to Bethlehem was just over five hours later. I had work to tend to that required notes that were in my room at school, I wanted to catch the Super Bowl, and I just wanted to see everyone I was away from for the weekend. I survived these little bothers, but what really got me was the boredom.

Maybe this doesn't count as an everyday type of stressor, but it was really annoying. After alittle while, I found a little book of sudoko games in my carry-on that had been left there from a previous flight, and I didn't know just how much I would appreciate it at that time. That game of logic actually preoccupied me for hours. It entertained me and distracted me from what would have been frustrating boredom that feel like a huge waste of time. Luckily, I enjoyed my delay of relaxing with a few boards of sudoko. Although it's not really worthwhile productivity, I boarded my short flight back to school quite content.

So. I suggest applying sudoko to stress. At the end of the day just focus on a game, and let me know if it's can be considered another stress reliever. After providing me such joy, I imagine it will be. You can also try solitaire or any other logic game that might provide some calm by distracting you from the day's stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment