Saturday, February 12, 2011

Aromatherapy


A used up candle I just threw out inspires this post. It had an aromatherapy label on it that I never noticed before, so I guess I went through a little therapy session each of the dozens of time I lit it.

Intrigue led me to look up some aromatherapy information, and I decided I like the idea of it. There is a wide range of candles and oils to choose from and most allegedly serve several purposes, including anti depressant, anti microbial, anti septic, circulatory, digestive, nervous relaxant and a ton more. A few methods exist to make aromatherapy work, too. If you don’t prefer rubbing oils on your body, you can always resort to lighting a candle or burning incense. In oil form you can also eat it. I think the easiest option is to set an aromatherapy diffuser, sticks that sit in oil and diffuse its scent, on a side table and let it work its magic. I suggest looking into this cheap therapy because at the very least you end up with a room that smells good. Maybe that in itself would lift your spirits.

Specifically, I recommend jasmine oil. Several websites give it a five out of five rating on the aromatherapy scale, and it’s listed as a stress reliever. I don’t imagine it would be a very strong or obnoxious smell, and it is a scent easily combined with others.

Test out some scents, try out this really easy fix to feeling stressed after a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment